SHENSTONE PARISH COUNCIL
Serving Little Aston, Shenstone, Stonnall, Shenstone Wood End, Lynn, Parish Council Office 25C Main Street
Shenstone WS14 OLZ
Tel: 01543 481 947
e-mail: <firstname.lastname@example.org >
Pursuant to section 27 of the Localism Act 2011, Shenstonel Parish Council (‘the Council’) has adopted this Code of Conduct to promote and maintain high standards of behaviour by its members and co-opted members whenever they conduct the business of the Council, including the business of the office to which they were elected or appointed, or when they claim to act or give the impression of acting as a representative of the Council.
This Code of Conduct is based on the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
For the purposes of this Code, a ‘co-opted member’ is a person who is not a member of the Council but who is either a member of any committee or sub-committee of the Council, or a member of, and represents the Council on any joint committee or joint sub-committee of the Council, and who is entitled to vote on any question that falls to be decided at any meeting of that committee or subcommittee.
For the purposes of this Code, a ‘meeting’ is a meeting of the Council, any of its committees, subcommittees, joint committees or joint sub-committees.
For the purposes of this Code, and unless otherwise expressed, a reference to a member of the Council includes a co-opted member of the Council.
Member obligations: When a member of the Council acts, claims to act or gives the impression of acting as a representative of the Council, he/she has the following obligations.
- He/she shall behave in such a way that a reasonable person would regard as respectful.
- He/she shall not act in a way which a reasonable person would regard as bullying or intimidatory.
- He/she shall not seek to improperly confer an advantage or disadvantage on any person.
- He/she shall use the resources of the Council in accordance with its requirements.
- He/she shall not disclose information which is confidential or where disclosure is prohibited by law.
Signed: David Salter