Social Media and the Parish council:
Social media provide alternative channels (to written correspondence, telephone and face to face conversation) for the Parish Council to inform and respond to questions and queries raised by people who live in, work in and visit Shenstone parish. It also enables the Parish Council to deal more efficiently with the various agencies (e.g. the surrounding parishes, district council and the county council) that deliver services to local people. Click here to view the policy document in full.
There are five key policies which are applied to all employees of the Parish Council.
- Equal Opportunities policy. The purpose of this policy is to provide equal opportunities to all employees, irrespective of their gender, race, ethnic origin, disability, age, nationality, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, marital status or social class. Click here to view the policy document in full.
- Health and Safety policy. Sets out the Council’s general policy for safeguarding the health and safety at work of employees. So far as is reasonably practicable, the Council will ensure that persons not in its employment, who may be affected by its activities, are not exposed to risks to their health and safety. Click here to view the policy document in full.
- Internet Usage policy.The use of the Internet by staff is permitted and encouraged where such use is part of the normal execution of an employee’s job responsibilities. The Internet is to be used in a manner that is consistent with the Council’s standards of conduct. Click here to view the policy document in full.
- Disciplinary and Grievance Arrangements policy. The disciplinary process and how councils should deal with concerns about employee misconduct or poor performance. Click here to view the policy document in full.
- Staff Appraisal policy. Appraisals are used in organisations to help employees achieve and fulfil their potential and for the employer to continue to monitor performance in order to achieve its goals and improve the quality of the services which it provides. Click here to view the policy document in full.