SHENSTONE PARISH COUNCIL
Serving Little Aston, Shenstone, Stonnall, Shenstone Wood End, Lynn, Parish Council Office 25C Main Street
Shenstone WS14 OLZ
Tel: 01543 481 947
e-mail: <firstname.lastname@example.org >
NEIGHBOURHOOD PLANNING & PROPERTY COMMITTEE TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Committee shall consist of up to seven Councillors, excluding ex officio members. The Chairman shall be an ex officio member. It is desirable that there is representation from each Ward. Non-councillors may be co-opted where expert advice is needed (not to exceed the number of members minus 1).
The Committee meet every other month unless there is no business to be transacted.
Minimum of 3 or one third of the committee.
To deal with all aspects of planning and development relevant to the Parish & Local Authority.
Duties and Functions
- To consider all planning applications put before Council
- To consider all planning matters put before Council such as strategic plans and policies.
- To organise a public meeting for planning proposals deemed large or otherwise in the public interest.
- To report back to Council at every Council meeting.
- To prepare, when requested by Council, surveys of the Parish in order to make plans, village appraisals, village design statements and similar projects.
- To monitor the Neighbourhood Plan and review it as and when required.
- To consider any matter which affects the local environment including, but not limited to, grass cutting; hedge and tree management; Lammas Land ; highways including pavements; Rights of Way; open spaces; burial sites and allotments and to make appropriate recommendations to the Full Council
Delegated Powers & Authority
The Committee has full-delegated powers to consider and makes representations, on behalf of the Council, to the relevant authority regarding planning applications in the Parish; to consider and makes representations, on behalf of the Council, to the relevant authority regarding planning applications in neighbouring parishes which might impact on the residents of Shenstone; to make representations in respect of appeals against refusal of planning permission; to make representations to the relevant authority in respect of enforcement action or any matters considered to be breaches of planning regulations.
Reviewed and Adopted on …28/10/20………………………………………………..
Signed by David Thompson, Chairman, Neighbourhood Planning & Property Committee